Friday, June 20, 2008

Scottish Highland Festival

Yes--you read that correctly! Apparently Utah has a number of Scott's men (Scott's people???) and we have a little festival. So, Grandpa Earl wanted to go. Lou Lou and I went primarily because it sounded like a fun idea. It was very interesting to say the least. The bands were good (do you call a group of bagpiper's a band??) The people were FACINATING to watch! Lou Lou had a good time. We bought her a harness/backpack which she loved and I loved more! I highly recommend them to anyone with a runner child.


Did you REALLY think we wouldn't get the monkey one?? Come on people!! Do you not know this child's love of all things monkey??? She even hugs her shower curtain! (thanks for that one Aunt Pooh!!!)

We discovered that if we want a kilt for an adult man it's about $500. Yep folks. That's $500 for a men's SKIRT!! I must say though--there were some men who pulled it off nicely. They must be soccer players with the legs they had. And NO!! that is not a picture of the people who actually pulled it off!!! Don't be silly! This was just one of the "bands".

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Ahhh there is nothing like the sound of bagpipes! I love it!! I'm jealous too. I'd love to go to a Scottish celebration. Not that I'm Scotch(Scottish?) or anything, I just think it'd be really fun.

Lynnette said...

I have a dumb question..Are you related to any Earl's in St. George?

Lyns said...

Nope--Earl is my FIL's first name--I do however have a friend who's maiden name is Earl and I think she does have family down there--I will ask her.

Amy said...

Oh my goodness golly that is a gorgeous picture! No, silly, not the one of the kilt people... the one of Lou Lou in her backpack. What an angel. I can't believe how much she looks like her mommy's family. CUTE CUTE CUTE! And "copy that gold leader" on the soccer legs... reminds me of old times, eh, girl? :)