You guys think life is all puppy dogs and rainbows---
We had the great flood of '08 on Sunday. Our washer is on the top floor next to the Master Bedroom. It has had a few problems since we moved in--we had a couple of leaks/mini floods but nothing major--Until Sunday. I started a very small load of whites so we would have them for church. Then came in to check my email. Phil asked if I had started laundry and went downstairs. Then he comes RUSHING up the stairs panicked. Ummm--yeah--the switch on the washer that tells it to turn off the water wasn't working and we had a MAJOR flood! As in 5+ gallons of water in the dining room downstairs. The light fixture was completely full of water--there was water EVERYWHERE! Stupid washer. So, we got the water cleaned up and the washer emptied. And have been on the hunt for a new one all week. We will have it here on Tuesday. HOORAY!! So, in the meantime we only do laundry when we are home and awake. Just in case we have another issue.
3 comments:
OH NO!! That's awful!! I'm so sorry! YAY for a new one, though. It's weird, but it's kind of exciting to get something like that new (maybe it's just me...). I hope everything's going well with ya'll. I miss you!
Dang, I have a serious fear of water coming through the ceiling. Yikes!
Lyns! That's terrible! At least you didn't COMPLETELY flood the upstairs. That would have been pretty crappy. Yay for a new washer!
Post a Comment