Monday, August 4, 2008

Updates..........

Just filling in the blanks for people as to what is going on in our lives (sorry--no pictures--can't find the camera)

Grandpa Earl and Grandma Diane went into the MTC this morning. They are going to the Lubbock Texas mission but are serving in NM on an Indian Reservation.

Lou Lou is LOVING the new house--she runs around up and down the stairs. She's sleeping TONS better and no longer has the rashes on the backs of her legs! HOORAY!!

Phil and I have stopping the constant itching and the rashes on my legs and feet have cleared up tremendously.

In case you are curious about the rashes: Apparently the previous tenants in the home we were renting were breeding sugar gliders in Lou Lou's bedroom. SICK! Yes breeding them. And we don't think the carpets or walls were cleaned in her room before we moved in. We are pretty sure that our landlord (or at least her daughter) knew about this problem because all of our neighbors knew and we had two of them tell us that the daughter knew. Lou Lou had a rash on the backs of her legs that would get worse if she sat on the floor in her room. And my feet would itch TERRIBLY if I went in her room without something on my feet. So that is why we started looking for a new place to live. I can't imagine how much worse it would have been if we had stayed longer.

Anyhoo--leaving rashes behind--things are starting to get settled here. Phil was called as the 11 year old Scout advisor but it has been hinted that he may become Scoutmaster. He would LOVE that--and I would love that he would get his fill of camping and that I would not have to go! Our new ward is great so far. I'm avoiding the bishopric like they have the plague because I just know that they want me to be the Primary pianist. If I may give my readers one piece of advice--NEVER allow the bishopric members to help you move if you have a piano. They will then find out that you play (or your husband will rat you out) and that will be the end of playing for fun.

I'm slowly but surely getting the house unpacked. Phil gave me the goal of having it done by Friday. We'll see about that.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Are you crazy?! Primary Pianist is the sweetest gig on the planet. Hardly any prep time, just show up and flub through some songs. Dang, I wish I could be Primary Pianist again! (Count your blessings... I'm the Enrichment Leader now... dang not-being-Primary-Pianist!)