Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Before I head downstairs to make pie, rolls and other yummy goodness I just wanted to take a hot minute to be Thankful for the people and things in my life.

First of all--I'm grateful for a wonderful husband who is willing to work wherever he needs to in order to keep us in our home and keep ME home. We have our fights and problems--BUT we always make it through and he really is better than I deserve.

I'm thankful for my monster--AKA LouLou. She is the center of my life right now--she knows it and relishes every minute (or at least I'd like to think so) She's healthy and happy and growing and learning everyday.

I'm thankful that Phil has an employer that sees his value and what he has to offer the company. He may not have gotten the promotion he wanted BUT he did get a promotion (sorry--I forgot I didn't mention it until just now) that will allow me to stay home and not work.

I'm grateful for wonderful friends who really are my extended family--
  • Mel who IS the older sister I never wanted--oops--I ALWAYS wanted. She's an amazing mom and a fabulous example. I'm going to grow up and be just like her. Only with shorter hair and living in Utah not AZ and with my husband Phil--not David. :P
  • Katy--Oh Katy--what can I say--everyone else is crazy but us right? I'm still working on Mom and Dad adopting you.
  • My super cool mom friends--thanks for helping save my sanity. I've been on the edge more times than you know and you always bring me back! I don't think you will ever know how much you guys really mean to me and how you've saved me.
  • All my lefty's--we're normal--they aren't.
  • Anyone else who I've not named--you are NOT forgotten. I just don't want to be up here all day. :P You know who you are and you rock my socks!
  • And lastly Michelle--you are a much better person than I. How you put up with what you do is inspirational to me. Husband, child, family--I'm totally nominating you for some really cool prize. I don't know what just yet but when I figure it out I'm doing it.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Make sure you wear elastic waist pants!

1 comment:

Strawberry Shortcake said...

Love you girl... even if you don't want me!!! Thanks for the pics! She is BEAUTIFUL! Also, great work on the dress... will you make one for me? You might have to wait because I am going to lose a TON of weight(or wait) after my turbo jam comes... *cough, cough* We will see ;) LOVE YOU!!! :)