So, our little rituals for bedtime are as follows:
Me or Phil: Lou Lou--it's X minutes to na nite. (X being however long we choose at that exact moment--usually 20-30 or so)
Lou Lou: Vigorous head nod and "jessss"
Me or Phil about 3 minutes later: Ok baby girl--it's 10 minutes to na nite (oh yes we do!)
Lou Lou: "jessssssss"
3 minutes later: 2 minutes baby. 2 minutes to na nite.
And 2 minutes later it's hugs and kisses and bedtime.
Yes, this is her big girl bed. And yes--she has a metric ton of toys in bed with her every single night. And no--she will not sleep on a pillow. She uses the kitty my parents bought her when she was born for a pillow.Good thing she can't tell time yet huh?? Yes--I'm a horrible horrible parent. I will fully and freely admit to lying to my child to get her to go to bed earlier. However, Lou Lou does not nap and by 6:30 is a grumpy tired toddler who NEEDS to go to bed.
2 comments:
Hey, no nap? I think 6:30 is totally reasonable. Audrey does have one nap but still is in bed by 7:30. That's a daaaaaaaaarling picture, btw!
I think most parents do this... or the opposite, draw it out longer. Too cute, Lyns :)
Post a Comment