Sunday, December 7, 2008

Food Storage...

So, Phil and I have been SLOWLY (like tortoise slow) building our food storage supply. As it stands--right now we have enough to live on for 2 weeks. YAY us right?? The big problem I see with food storage--well more than one but moving on: HOW THE CRAP DO YOU USE IT?? And how can you buy it without breaking the bank?? I'm not talking your Bisquick (or Krusteaz--whatever you prefer) I'm talking the powdered eggs and milk and wheat and oatmeal etc etc--the stuff you don't use everyday.

Well, I stumbled across (or was summarily pushed there by Mel in an email she sent) a couple of sites. The first is www.myfoodstoragedeals.blogspot.com (the HOW to buy without breaking the bank) which then had a link to this wonderful site. Everyday Food Storage ( http://everydayfoodstorage.net/) Oh my heavenly ham! Recipes and tips and videos OH MY! I'm actually getting excited about food storage! Not in a crazed "must-buy-my-one-year-supply-tomorrow-because-the-world-is- ending-and- Apocalypse-is-at-our-door" sort of way. But more of the "YAY! I now have a glimmer of an idea of how to use it so it doesn't go bad and I've wasted my money" type of way.

Now--I did just find this site a few days ago but I really am excited about all the things I'm learning. I am going to attempt the pumpkin pie for Phil this Christmas (we all know how much he LOVES his mom's pie and I can only hope to come close to that kind of love with mine).

Anyhoo--for those who are nervous about HOW to use your food storage--check her out!

1 comment:

The Whitaker Family said...

I'm coming back to bookmark all these great resources! YAY!!!!! Thanks, Lyns!