Thursday, January 1, 2009

2 Years Ago Yesterday....

2 years ago yesterday.........

  • I was laying in a hospital bed with a zillion tubes attached to my arm (ok maybe only 3 but it felt like a zillion).
  • I was STARVING and all I could get were popsicles until I made Phil get me a burger from the cafeteria.
  • I was not a mom--I was impatiently waiting to become one though.
  • I had the most excruciating back labor EVER!!
  • I felt panicked as Lou Lou's heart rate dropped dangerously low and they stopped my labor.
  • I panicked even more as they prepped me for a C-section. Just ask Phil--I about had a panic attack right there on the table. I kept telling him that I couldn't do it. Yeah--right like I had a choice now!
  • I was beyond all irritated when Dr. Brown asked if I wanted to see my baby and before I could turn my head the baby was whisked out the door. (Stupid magnesium--stupid high blood pressure)
And two years ago yesterday I had the most beautiful baby in the world. I struggled to keep my eyes open as Phil brought her into the recovery room (I was soooooo tired) I peeked at her tiny little face and little hands. And I knew without a doubt that my life and world as I knew it had changed. She was the most precious thing I could ever hope to have. I can't believe it's been two years!! I know missionaries always say that their mission was the best two years of their lives. LIARS!! All of them!! The best two years are the first two years! Lou Lou has grown and changed so much from that tiny helpless baby. It's insanity to think about. Two years down and many many more to go.

Just a few hours old. She just got back from her first bath.

See--I TOLD you--you can see the tubes!!!

1 Year old (almost--like 11 months but close enough!)

About a month shy of 2--it's just too cold in Dec for pictures!

4 comments:

DaNae said...

No way, little Lou Lou can't be 2!!! Awww, what a sweetheart!

Jenny/Moravia said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Such a doll!

The Whitaker Family said...

YAY!!!!!!! Happy Birthday to DARLING little Lou Lou! I hope to meet you guys someday...... :) I can totally relate to your post-- they are our hearts!

Strawberry Shortcake said...

What a little beauty! Good job, Mom!