Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Room for Big Girls....

So, Phil and I decided (ok I decided) that Lou Lou needed to change rooms. Yes, we've only been in the house about 6 months but I'm a selfish person and wanted her old room for a nursery...(or a sewing room) No--not pregnant. I just didn't want to move her when/if we get pregnant. I'm trying to plan ahead.

Anyhoo--her new room works MUCH better. I'm so excited! Her sparse furnishings fit better and she actually has room to play and it's easier for her to keep clean.


Please ignore dirty laundry in the hall and the fact that this dresser is really sad looking. It's on the list of summer projects--it needs new drawer pulls and new paint. And no--that is NOT laundry in the basket--it's books.

She LOVES that little kitchen. My parents got it for her before she was even tall enough to actually use it. And that vanity will be leaving the room tomorrow. To much temptation for little munchkins to climb on.
The UBER Fabulous gorgeous wonderful stunning and steller quilt my friend Share made for Lou Lou's big girl bed. She loves to stroke the raspberry/hot pink border as she falls asleep (I confess I like to stroke it too when we are snuggling)

2 comments:

Strawberry Shortcake said...

Good job, Ma! I love that quilt. I want one! The frog one I have on my bed just doesn't cut it for me. It's not too adult and we all know how mature I am. Wait, that sounded kind of gross. Sorry ;) But it is so radwal (who comes up with this crap)!

P.S. If that last sentence didn't make sense, than please read your anniversary post. Not crazy, well, not too much anyway. I am writing a ton today. I got some sleep so...

Share :) said...

Hooray!
SOOO glad to see that quilt in action and I'm so glad you both love stroking it...I did too before finally bringing it to you, LOVE to uber soft. :)