
Even my legs!!!
We met with our Bishop on Sunday to renew our recommends. We met seperately--not because of any shadiness--Lou Lou was taking her morning siesta and we were loathe to wake her up. So, since we live literally 2 minutes walking distance from the church we decided that I'd go first and call Phil on my way out of the church so Lou Lou would be alone in the house for as long as it takes me to go to the mailbox (and yes--I leave her in the house to get my mail!!)
Anyhoo--I digress. The interview goes well. At the end, the Bishop asks me if there is anything else. For no good reason I start to bawl. Tears just stream down my cheeks while I unsuccessfully try to wipe them away. I just *know* he is thinking I'm about to confess some HUGE sin (and he didn't even have to bring out the comfy chair!!! LOL!!). Between trying to control my tears I tell him that Phil and I have been married for three years and are not sealed. That we want to be sealed. That we've been trying for more than the three years and have been blocked at every turn. I tell him that I WANT to be sealed to my husband and baby. That it sucks that we're not. That I HATE lessons and talks and songs about temples because I feel robbed. I tell him that I *need* his help with this. Even if it's just his help in understanding the wait. He asks for more info--I give him the basics on EH (evil hag) and he tells me he'll talk to Phil. That this shouldn't be this big a deal. Especially since the sealing has already been canceled. So I too-da-loo on home--give Phil a brief overview and heads up and start to wait.
Phil goes to his interview and is gone FOREVER!! Seriously--I thought he was in trouble or something. Sheesh!!! He FINALLY gets home and I'm all antsy. Well to shorten the story up a bit--the Bishop basically told Phil that *he* sees no reason why he can't just issue us living ordinance recommends and be done. He is checking with the Stake President though just to be sure. It could be more work than that (which honestly is what I'm *planning* on) BUT everything I have is crossed!! It is making typing and walking and doing dishes a bit difficult. But everything is crossed that this whole process is as easy as the Bishop is hoping! And that the lovely picture at the top of this post becomes a reality for us.
Yes--I have selfish reasons for wanting it to be sooner rather than later--first of all--Mel is in town and I would love for her to be there!!! Second--my IL's are leaving the state for 18 months for a mission and I would like for THEM to be there. Third--it's about BLOODY time!
7 comments:
Lyns, I just got teary-eyed!! I hope hope hope with my whole heart your little family can make it to the temple to be sealed. I know how much you want this, I'm glad you have a very understanding and proactive bishop. Ooooh Lyns, I hope it happens sooon!
Girl! I pray all will go through and you can finally have the peace of mind knowing that your family is sealed. I used to hate singing "Families Can Be Together Forever" because mine wasn't. Now that I am finally sealed to my parents, it doesn't drive me to tears, it only brings joy to my heart. It will happen for you! It's such a beautiful thing and I am so grateful it is all working out. You know I am there!!! Let me know, let me know, let me know!!! Oh yeah, and call me!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY for you!! Awesome! I'll cross my limbs and junk for you, too!
Believe it or not I've been waiting it out to! Congrat's I'm thrilled for you! Sorry about my avatar Katy posted it! I might have to get a new secret password. When Katy talked to me about it I couldn't see what the BDDW either!
BDDW= Big Damn Deal Was (she's coming up with her own acronyms...be afraid, be very afraid!!
KATY! Watch your mouth I raised you to talk better. Acronyms PLEASE! LMAF
That would be LMAO, mother...nice try though, really. :P
Post a Comment