I was nicely reminded by my dear friend Marie that I haven't blogged in a while. Yikes! Things here have been crazy busy. Lou Lou and I went to Omaha to visit Uncle John, Aunt Michelle and cousin Jake for a week. It was her first plane ride and my first trip with her without Dad. Double Yikes! The plane ride was without incident. She LOVED it! We lucked out and got a seat for her to sit in (for free!) and she had a blast.
She was scared of Uncle John for a while. Don't know if it's that he has similar features to Phil (facial hair, balding, glasses etc) but different enough to confuse her OR if it's just that he's a scary guy (Love you John!) She however took immediately to Aunt Michelle and Jake. Jake is 8 this year and HUGE compared to the last time I visited. And Lou Lou seemed to think he was her big doll. She kept covering him with blankets and kisses. He was a good sport and let her. Now, for those who don't know--Jake is not your typical 8 year old. He has a deficiency in the 4p chromosome so developmentally he is between 18 months to 3 years old (I *think* that's what one of his therapists said) so they were perfect together! Lou Lou was quite the terror at night though--bedtime is NORMALLY 7-7:30 ish. I think the earliest we got her to bed was 9 and the latest 1:30am. Fun times.
I do have a couple videos of Lou Lou and Uncle John playing on the Wii together so I will try to get those up soon.
We had lunch with Aunt Pooh and her fiance, Dan. We also went to dinner at Aunt Pooh's apartment the Sunday before we came home.
Lou Lou missed her Dad and we finally figured out how to video conference. HOORAY!
Now that we are home, I'm up to my eyeballs in fabric for the upcoming wedding of Aunt Pooh to Dan. Luckily, Grandma Janet will be here next weekend to help with a few things. The dresses will be super cute and once they are done I'll post a picture of Lou Lou in hers.
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a great vacay Lou. I'm sure it was nice to get away for a little while and spend some time with family.
I wish I could've seen Lou Lou playing with her cousin... that sounds ADORABLE. (Almost adorable enough to forgive the no-sleep thing?)
PS- Is "Aunt Pooh" your little sister?! When is she getting married? Congratulate her for me!
Hey girl! Long time, no blog :) Congratulations to Piper on her engagement. Very exciting :) And, I am so happy you were able to see your family. It must be difficult for them to be so far away. I am still waiting for those nieces and nephews in my family. I might be one step closer, however. Anyway, are you sure you want to get rid of stuff? That's craziness! I will take it, however :)
I am still waiting for some pictures you darling one! Neglect Piper for a minute and take care of my needs! :)
Post a Comment