Life is not what I planned or expected at 16, 20 or even 25. And I'm ok with that. I'm so much more than ok with that...seriously--I laugh at what I wanted then-EEK!
But on to the mushy stuff
Things I love about Phil:
- He works hard to give us our beautiful home. And rarely complains about it (and when he does it's ok because his day usually sucked goats)
- He never lets me become the crazy I know is lurking inside. He's so calm and rational and talks me down from that ledge of insanity.
- He's hysterical with our daughter. If only you could see them on his days off in the morning...Cinnamon Bears is the breakfast of champions. And he's a sucker when she cries for Daddy
- He doesn't complain when we eat the same boring crap for weeks on end. He smiles and eats it.
- He's honest when I need him to be. Even if my roast is dry as toast. I know he won't lie to me to make me feel better. (except for the dreaded "honey--does this make my butt look big?" he knows the correct answer to that.)
- He is my safe place to fall. And he never lets me fall far before he catches me.
- He loves me even though he doesn't think I'm as funny as I know I am...don't worry--I have a long time to open his eyes
- He only threatens to divorce me when my fabric collection gets huge.
- He's letting my decorate our bedroom MY way.
- He no longer mocks Gilmore Girls
- He doesn't complain when I talk to Megan for 2 or more hours.
- He indulges my compulsion for family pictures and pictures of the munchkin at least once a year and doesn't complain which in my family is deserving of sainthood in and of itself. It also helps he loves Maria and her style of photography and her mad skillz.
ps---for those interested in the mental score I keep in my head---Evil hag had four years and no kids--I'm tied with the years and 1 up on the kids. woot woot!!! Yes--petty but since she's still winning on the sealing front I must have something that is better right??
3 comments:
You are so cute... and pervy! What a great list (especially the one about me :) Love you girl!
P.S. I think I am going to start using these word verification things as slang. Like that was so billeut! Oh yeah, well jacredi! Yes, I am brilliant (and nerdy).
thanks for the plug and congrats on four years! I love love love taking pictures of your beautiful family!
Post a Comment